Off the Beaten Path: Finding Sanctuary in San Vicente

Cathedral in San Vicente
During this Holy Week, I have been thinking a lot about peaceful, sanctuary moments.  After I posted some photos from this past year,  I was reminded by a friend of a day visit the two of us made to San Vicente.  It was one of the first times we ventured out on our own without a Salvadoran friend to keep us out of trouble, and we had a fabulous time exploring the town and the churches. I pulled up my photos from our time in the sanctuaries of San Vicente, and my friend was right to remind me of the beautiful images.
Cathedral of San Vicente Abad







Nuestra Señora del Pilar

One of the oldest churches in Central America 
Señora del Pilar - built in 1762

This new sanctuary is built next to the old one, which has sustained damage
over the last 250 years from several strong earthquakes


Original sanctua

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legend of El Tabudo

The Plant that Came from Nowhere and Grows Everywhere

The Morro Tree